Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jesus Says "Abide"

John 15:4

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."
 
 

Jesus says "abide"
We ask "why? Why risk having circumstances out of my hands, why give them to you, Lord?"
"Child, before I can give you My best, you must give me your all."
"My all?" We think. "Lord, do you mean all that we hold dear, all our plans, our future, our hopes and ambitions? But God, these are precious to me!?!?"
"Darling one, I ask you to give me your all becuase that is necessary for a strong relationship. I do not wish to harm you, all I desire is to bless you."

The art of abiding in Christ is a precious secret the Lord reveal to those who love Him and wish to desire to know Him in an intimate way. From Strong's Hebrew and Greek concordance, the word "abide" is drawn in many different lights.
Abide: to tarry; to make to be a habitation; inhabit; to sit down in quiet; to settle; to marry; to stay near; to dwell

Marrige is a beautiful illustration of abiding! God often parallels a christian's realtionship with Him to a marriage. A marriage is a commitment to another person. God wants us to be commited to serving Him. In a strong, healthy marriage, the husband and wife wish to linger with each other, to tarry in the other's presence becuase they find delight in it. It may be quiet, or it may be full of joyous converstation. Each spouse knows and trusts the other, so they find rest in the other and are able to have a quiet heart.

When we abide in Christ, we find ultimate joy, love, fulfillment, and capacity to serve others.


 
In abiding in the beauty of His holiness, He can allow us to shine His beauty to all those around!



No comments:

Post a Comment