Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Your little minutes...

Posted by: Patience

I was cleaning bathrooms when I came across a little sand clock my great grandparents gave us last year...we didn't need it on the bathroom counter anymore, we had another decoration for it now. Clean, clean, clean...where should I put it? I was done with the bathrooms now. Hmm...
Well folks, carrying such a peice of decor got me singing! You see, we know a song that goes like this:

"Don't despise a single minute,
Each has sixty seconds in it.
If you seize it, you can use it,
Do not waste it or abuse it!
If you pray your little minute,
Has eternal value in it.
You can use it fill it save it if you pray it."
-Unknown
 
So with this song bouncing around in my brain, I walked into my room and set the sand clock down next to a picture of a friend I have in Asia. "Pray." I thought. Prayer is so important! Prayer is like an invisible weapon you can use to tear down unseen walls and  bless others with. One prayer could change the course of a day, life, or nation, one prayer from a heart with faith the size of a mustard seed. We don't need to do much except ask, persist, and believe in Him who promises to do better than we can start to imagine (Eph. 3:20). Here is a verse that has encouraged me recently in prayer, it reminds me of how eager God is to give us gifts, we just don't recieve because we don't ask (James 2:2b-3):
 

  "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" -Romans 8:32

What a great God we serve!


1 comment:

  1. This is so encouraging!! Thank you, Patience!!
    Blessings,
    Alexandra Lim

    ReplyDelete